NOMINATE YOUR CANDIDATE FOR DSP AWARD FOR DEMOCRACY
The Kosovar Civil Society Foundation (KCSF) invites you to nominate your candidates for the 2018 edition of the Award for Democracy until September 30, 2018! Within the project “Democratic Society Promotion” (DSP), KCSF receives nominations for individuals or organizations that have made outstanding contribution to the process of democratization of Kosovo. DSP Awards by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark (DANIDA) and the KCSF aim to assess the contribution of individuals and organizations in different areas, in which they influence the process of democratization of Kosovo. The purpose of the award is to evaluate and recognize the contribution of civil society as a result of new ideas, intellectual courage or achievements in the process of democratization of Kosovo. Prizes will be awarded to individuals or organizations whose contribution coincides with the objectives of the DSP. All civil society actors, including DSP grant users, can be nominated for these prizes. The decision is made by the Board for Grants and Awards, following the approval of the Swiss Office for Cooperation in Kosovo. Evaluation and assignment will be carried out once a year. CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSION OF NOMINATIONS The nominated will be selected based on the criteria set out below:
- Designing and implementing a successful initiative (access, activity, project, etc.) in one of the DSP program areas;
- Innovative nature of the initiative;
- Influence of this initiative, including the potential for expansion/repetition;
- Courage of the organization or individual expressed through the initiative concerned.
Note: Despite of having significant value and impact for communities and wider society, initiatives and contributions of the humanitarian nature are not part of this nomination. DSP PRIORITY AREAS Engagement of nominated actors should include at least one of the following priority areas of intervention:
- Enhanced civic activities to influence the priorities, planning and decision-making of the local and central government;
- Enhanced civic activities for monitoring and demanding accountability for the deficiencies of the local and central government;
- Increased participation in budgeting, with a special emphasis on the inclusion of women and minority communities;
- Honest and transparent elections;
- Increasing social, economic and cultural integration between the majority and minority communities;
- Improving gender equality in education, at work and in public life;
- Contribution of Kosovo media and civil society in decision-making and policy-making processes that reflect and implement social and political rights of the diaspora.
For any eventual questions, please contact us at [email protected].
PREVIOUS AWARDS Award for Democracy 2016 – Lumbardhi Foundation is honored with the Award for Democracy
On 20 December 2016, the Swiss Cooperation Office Kosovo (SCO-K), the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DANIDA) and the Kosovar Civil Society Foundation (KCSF) have awarded Lumbardhi Foundation with the Award for Democracy 2016 as part of the Democratic Society Development project. The award honored Lumbardhi Foundation for the successful initiative on the protection of Lumbardhi Cinema in Prizren.
Click here for more.
Award for Democracy 2017 – Whistleblower Murat Mehmeti and ‘Insajderi’ news website honored with Award for Democracy
Murat Mehmeti, the whistleblower on a massive tax evasion scheme in the Tax Administration of Kosovo (TAK), and the ‘Insajderi’ online news portal, which published a series of investigative reports on corruption and organized crime, are the recipients of the 2017 Democracy Award.
Click here for more.
Award for Democracy 2018 – Blert Morina and HAVEIT honored with democracy award
Mr. Blert Morina and the collective artists “Haveit” have been honored with 2018 Democracy Award, for contributing in promoting human rights and gender equality in Kosovo.
Click here for more.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can be nominated? Civil society actors, including civil society organizations, formal and informal networks, media, academic institutions and individuals who with their work and dedication have contributed to the democratization of Kosovar society, are entitled to be nominated. DSP grantees are also eligible. For-profit entities are not eligible. 2. Who can nominate? Nominations may be submitted by any organization, entity or person having accurate and detailed information on the individual’s or the organization’s initiative being nominated. As such, self-nomination is also applicable. 3. What are the obligatory documents? – The nomination form no longer than 7 pages (A4) without annexes, filled in and signed; – A short bio of the nominee or the nominated organization’s profile; – Accompanying documents (articles written for the nominee, reference letters, etc.); – For civil society organizations, a copy of the registration certificate. For citizen initiatives, a proof of civic initiative functionality should be provided. – For other entities, a copy of the founding document or any other equivalent document. 4. How should the documents be submitted? The completed documents must be submitted in person, in a closed envelope with the inscription “For the DSP Award for Democracy”, KCSF offices (street Musa Tolaj, Lam A, H1, Kat.12, nr. 65-1, Lakrishtë, Prishtinë, Kosovë). The envelope must contain the required documents also in electronic format, on a CD. 5. How the received nominations will be reviewed? All nominations will be reviewed individually and will be evaluated by the Grants and Awards Board (GAB) of DSP, based on one ore the several of the following criteria: – The design and implementation of the initiative (approach, activity, project, etc.) in one of DSP’s program areas during the period 2011- 2017; – The innovative nature of the initiative; – The impact of the initiative, including the potential for expansion or replication; – The courage and audacity of the organization or the individual expressed through the initiative.