PROMOTION OF DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY (DSP)
During period 2014 – 2018, DSP supports high quality projects that will impact the society, and it provides institutional support for organizations that systematically support and promote these changes. DSP aims to achieve positive changes at the local and central level
The overall goal of DSP is to support the development of a democratic society in Kosovo. The long term perspective is to contribute to significant and sustainable changes that will in turn contribute to the development of democratic society in Kosovo.
DSP contributes to the following two objectives/outcomes:
Outcome I: Kosovar citizens and civil society organizations increase their demand for, and take an active role in seeking high quality services, good governance and the integration of minorities.
Outcome II: Diaspora actively contributes to the democratic and social development of Kosovo.2
PRIORITY INTERVENTION FIELDS
Project proposals shall at least address one of the priority intervention fields below:
- Increased civic activity in influencing the priorities, planning and decision making of local and central government;
- Increased civic activity in monitoring with the aim of requesting accountability for the shortcomings identified at the local and central government;
- Higher participation in budgeting, with special emphasis on women and minority community inclusion;
- Fair and transparent elections;
- Better social, economic, cultural integration between the majority and minority communities;
- Improvement of gender equality in education, job positions and public life;
- Contribution of Kosovo media and civil society in decision-making and policy-drafting processes that will reflect and implement social and political rights of Diaspora.
Any question you may have on the preparation of applications or grant application details can be sent via e-mail at [email protected].
You can also visit our facebook page www.facebook.com/DSPKosovo.