Call for nominations for the 2020 Democracy Award
Engagement for Joint Action (EJA Kosovo) is a KCSF program that supports civil society initiatives through grants, annual democracy award and capacity building with the overall aim to contribute to a democratic and inclusive society in Kosovo, on its path towards integration into the European Union.
Centering citizen engagement and participation throughout the work of civil society, EJA Kosovo aims to contribute towards two main objectives where: (a) civil society uses and claims spaces for participation in shaping public affairs and (b) civil society organizations have strengthened ties to their constituents and improved accountability and transparency towards the wider public and their constituents.
Through annual Democracy Award, EJA Kosovo will recognize outstanding contribution to the development of democracy in Kosovo and promote role models to be followed. Democracy Award is intended to evaluate the contributions of individuals, unregistered initiatives and nongovernmental organisations in various fields, which are the result of community mobilization and citizens engagement, new ideas, intellectual courage or achievements and who have contributed to the democratization of Kosovar society through their work and dedication.
The nominations will be evaluated by Grants Evaluation Team (GET) according to the following criteria:
- Design and implementation of a successful initiative (approach, activity, project, etc.) in the promotion and development of democracy in Kosovo, during 2020;
- Innovative nature of the initiative;
- Actual or expected impact of this initiative, including the potential for expansion/replication;
- Courage of the organization, unregistered initiative or individual expressed through the given initiative;
- Direct involvement of citizens in the initiative or significant contribution of citizens participation in public life and/or policy making;
We invite you to nominate candidates for the 2020 edition of the Democracy Award, by 11.01.2021, at 23:59.
For detailed information on nomination criteria and in order to download the Nomination Form, can be found here.
You can also write to us for any questions at [email protected].
*Call for nominations for the 2020 Democracy Award is closed.